- 1A person who produces paintings or drawings as a profession or hobby.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There he met all the other famous artists like Henri Matisse, Joan Miro and George Braques.
- Cubist painting gave to artists complete freedom to deal with reality in art in any way they chose.
- One bathroom featured a Thai Buddha while others were hung with paintings by artists such as Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo.
- 1.1A person who practices any of the various creative arts, such as a sculptor, novelist, poet, or filmmaker.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Creative artists, screenwriters and filmmakers will need time to figure it out too.
- Also, they all work in creative fields - artists, musicians, writers, architectural photographers, cartoonists.
- The WSF was in some ways like a circus - a huge performing act with many artists, acrobats, entertainers.
- 1.2A person skilled at a particular task or occupation: a surgeon who is an artist with the scalpelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This was of course without the skilled crew of artists and technicians special effects departments deploy today.
- Yes, his squad of highly skilled artists can weave beautiful patterns and cut a poor defence to ribbons, but we knew that anyway.
- We have two positions for artists skilled in modelling and texturing.
- 1.3A performer, such as a singer, actor, or dancer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A former folk singer and recording artist, Lester introduces ten of the most beloved black blues singers with the voice and wisdom of an elder.
- Local recording artist and singer, Michael English, who is a past pupil, was guest speaker and award presenter.
- The AMI award for best male artist went to pop singer Rio Febrian while the award for best pop album went to singer Marcel.
- 1.4 [with modifier] • informal A habitual practitioner of a specified reprehensible activity: a con artist rip-off artistsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All too regularly we carry stories detailing how con artists and thieves swindled and stole from householders.
- The ex-husband, on the other hand, is one of those cardboard cutout con artist crooks whose rather simple death is more decent than he deserves.
- The scheme, supported by the Evening Advertiser, was set up in Wroughton, a burglary hotspot, in August 2002 to combat the activities of con artists.
early 16th century (denoting a master of the liberal arts): from French artiste, from Italian artista, from arte art, from Latin ars, art-.