Definición de ascorbic acid en inglés:
A vitamin found particularly in citrus fruits and green vegetables. It is essential in maintaining healthy connective tissue, and is also thought to act as an antioxidant. Severe deficiency causes scurvy. Also called vitamin C.
- Citrus fruits, vinegar, and vitamins such as ascorbic acid or folic acid do not change the acidity of your stomach or your bloodstream.
- The antioxidant ascorbic acid plays an essential role in defending against oxidant attack in the airways.
- Most animals can synthesize this vitamin in the liver, where glucose is converted to ascorbic acid.
- Example sentences
- For instance, ascorbate (vitamin C) provides incomplete retinal protection for albino rats exposed to blue light.
- The synthesis of ascorbate (vitamin C) does not occur in primates.
- The active form of vitamin C is ascorbate acid itself.
Pronunciación: /-bāt, -bit/sustantivo
Definición de ascorbic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan