A condition in which certain fungi infect the tissues. It most commonly affects the lungs, owing to inhalation of spores from moldy hay, and is then informally called farmer’s lung.
- The fungi that cause this condition are blackish molds of the genus Aspergillus, phylum Ascomycota
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rarer conditions include aspergillosis (a serious lung infection) and cryptococcal meningitis (infection causing swelling in the brain, which can be life threatening).
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis is most often a complication of asthma or cystic fibrosis.
- No subjects reported a history of clinically demonstrable tuberculosis or allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis as defined by the criteria of Rosenberg and colleagues.
Más definiciones de aspergillosisDefinición de aspergillosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional