- 1A Eurasian plant of the lily family, typically having long slender leaves and flowers borne on a spike.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genera Asphodelus and Asphodeline, family Liliaceae. See also bog asphodel
- The sweet herbal aroma of bog myrtle drifts from the shallow mires that harbour a tangle of willows and silver-barked birch or are spattered yellow with asphodels.
- The plant, known as turkeybeard, or mountain asphodel, is a rare species of lily.
- Hopping across fallen blocks of masonry, dancing over the asphodels, offering piggy-back rides was one way of selling ancient history to two young girls.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek asphodelos; compare with daffodil.
Más definiciones de asphodelDefinición de asphodel en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional