- 1 (usually aspirations) A hope or ambition of achieving something: he had nothing tangible to back up his literary aspirations the yawning gulf between aspiration and realityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In my inauguration speech last year I expressed my hopes and aspirations for the year.
- It spoke of the hurt as well as the hopes and aspirations of an underclass.
- As a consequence the works do not seem to have much relevance to the needs and aspirations of the local community.
- 1.1The object of one’s hope or ambition; a goal: fabrics and oriental rugs were my aspirationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These days, marriage for life is a pleasant thought, a worthwhile aspiration and a goal to aim for, but that's all.
- If the will to live exists, it may be deeply affected by core life issues, specifically questions of aspiration, goals, purposes and personal meaning.
- There's no real concrete aspiration or goal as of yet.
- 2 Medicine The action or process of drawing breath.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These factors lead to either inhalation or aspiration of pathogens into the respiratory tract.
- 2.1The action of drawing fluid by suction from a vessel or cavity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ultrasonography or aspiration must be used to establish a definitive diagnosis.
- Imaging-guided aspiration of fluid collections is another diagnostic aid.
- A 20-or 30-mL syringe should be used to provide optimal suction for aspiration.
- 3 Phonetics The action of pronouncing a sound with an exhalation of breath.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If voicing is delayed, the voiceless region at the beginning of the vowel is known as aspiration.
- She goes on to note that both English and Chinese make use of aspiration in their consonantal systems.
- sense 1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As professionals, we need aspirational ideals to help bind us together in a professional community.
- Many members of the aspirational class are migrants or the children of migrants, who may not be overly enamored with the working class culture or values of their host country.