Definición de assassin en inglés:
1A murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.
- She knew now he was not sleeping, and had been murdered by the assassins who lay dead on her floor.
- Police believe the victim may not have even seen the assassin who murdered him with a single shot to the back.
- This particular guild was a home to 75 of the best thieves, assassins and cut throats in Europe.
1.1 (Assassin) historical A member of the Nizari branch of Ismaili Muslims at the time of the Crusades, when the newly established sect ruled part of northern Persia (1094–1256). They were renowned as militant fanatics, and were popularly reputed to use hashish before going on murder missions.
- In the 11 th century in the Middle East the Shiite sect known as the Assassins would eat hashish before murdering civilian foes.
- In June, the Sultan had an Assassin try to murder Prince Edward.
- The Muslim Cult of Assassins of the 12th and 13th centuries, like the Jewish Zealots of the 1st, have been enrolled for this genealogical purpose.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan