sustantivo (plural asyndeta /-dətə/)
The omission or absence of a conjunction between parts of a sentence.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One particular quirk of syntax occurs remarkably often in both poems: duplication of a monosyllabic word with asyndeton, within a line.
- He is an innovator and experimenter; he is fond of antithesis, poetic vocabulary, the use of participles, and occasionally extreme asyndeton.
- The absence of run-on, the asyndeton of folk poetry may bear some relationship to Joyce's inability to develop a running line, the non-discursive quality of his writing.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My guess was that he understood ‘inside out’ as ‘both inside and out’ (asyndetic conjunction) instead of as ‘having the inside out’, and simply restored the conjunction.
- On this count, Edmund Miller remarked that Prynne's use of the device of asyndetic listing confers ‘a breathless urgency to Prynne's poetry that is exactly appropriate to his theme.’
- Instead, the asyndetic form of these texts promotes the opacity and disorientation of modularity.
Definición de asyndeton en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional