Definición de ataxia en inglés:
- Other causes of apparent clumsiness include visual impairment, orthopedic disorders, mild cerebral palsy, hereditary ataxia, and congenital chorea.
- Over time, diverse clinical symptoms develop, among them peripheral neuropathies, ataxia, loss of position sense, and dementia.
- Other episodic neurological disorders include periodic paralysis, hemiplegic migraine, and episodic ataxia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Toni is a high achiever but has the mildest form of ataxic cerebral palsy and needs a scribe to help with note taking as she has a tremor in her hand.
- Wernicke's encephalopathy is difficult to diagnose because the classic triad of confusion, ataxia, and ophthalmoplegia occurs in only 10% of patients, and drunk people are often confused and ataxic.
- If too much lithium is given there can be ataxic behavior with sedation and slurred speech.
Late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek, from a- 'without' + taxis 'order'. The original sense was 'irregularity, disorder', later (in medical use) denoting irregularity of function or symptoms.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.