- A disease of the arteries characterized by the deposition of plaques of fatty material on their inner walls. See also atheroma and arteriosclerosis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The underlying cause of most heart attacks is atherosclerosis, a disease of the coronary arteries that usually develops over many years.
- The commonest cause of thrombosis in arteries is atherosclerosis.
- Inflammation plays a central role in atherosclerosis, in which fatty deposits clog your arteries.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She has a history of hypertensive atherosclerotic heart disease that is currently well controlled and asymptomatic.
- As the number of these risk factors increase, so does the risk of developing atherosclerotic and thrombotic disease.
- Carotid artery stenosis is characterized by atherosclerotic changes, plaquing, ulcerations, and a progressive narrowing of the carotid vessels.
early 20th century: coined in German from Greek athērē 'groats' + sklērōsis 'hardening' (see sclerosis).
Más definiciones de atherosclerosisDefinición de atherosclerosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional