Belief in or support for a close relationship between western Europe and the US, or particularly for NATO.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Countries that share the United Kingdom's Atlanticism and market-oriented approach to economics would also think twice before ostracizing the British.
- Instead of the dreaded Anglo-Saxon Atlanticism, we were to have a French-driven European superpower challenge to the USA.
- Above all, Blair had always tempered any enthusiasm for Europe with a strong military Atlanticism, rejecting any idea of a European army.
Atlanticist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Whilst Cooper doesn't show any hint of Euroscepticism and is faithful to the party line, it is plain that the influences on her political thought are very much Atlanticist.
- I am an American and an Atlanticist who believes in the U.N. and in NATO.
- Fischer, a convinced Atlanticist, vigorously objects to posing Europe against the United States.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: At·lan·ti·cism
Definición de Atlanticism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda