1Electrical disturbances in the atmosphere due to lightning and other phenomena, especially as they interfere with telecommunications.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The distance between flight tracks would depend on weather and atmospherics and how they impacted on radar range.
- Your preflight weather briefing can be somewhat more critical in winter, because weather moves so quickly that a destination only 100 miles away may have dramatically different atmospherics than your point of departure.
- While the far west may have the more vicious winter temperatures, often subceeding minus 40 degrees C, the northeast is infamous for its radically changeable winter atmospherics.
2Effects intended to create a particular atmosphere or mood, especially in music: a jazz sound with spooky atmospherics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The atmospherics, effects and acting are awesome.
- Now, recording under the moniker Microbunny (a distortion of a nickname someone gave him), Okada creates sublime atmospherics that would no doubt please his mentor.
- Indeed, Sanko's guitar and voice, with some additional atmospherics provided by subtle effects and keyboard flourishes, constitute the album's core.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: at·mos·pher·ics
Definición de atmospherics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda