- Denoting a form of allergy in which a hypersensitivity reaction such as dermatitis or asthma may occur in a part of the body not in contact with the allergen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Recent information has shown a substantial increase in the incidence of asthma and atopic disease.
- The prevalence of asthma and atopic symptoms is higher in children in Hong Kong than those in mainland China.
- The patient had never smoked and had no history of atopic illness.
early 20th century: from Greek atopia 'a being out of place', from atopos 'out of place', from a- 'without' + topos 'place'.
Más definiciones de atopicDefinición de atopic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional