Definición de attract en inglés:
- And Britain continues to lead its Continental rivals in attracting foreign investment.
- The Lake District attracts thousands of foreign visitors each year.
- Ireland's success in attracting foreign investment is largely because of its low corporation tax rates.
- The blunt message attracted a mixed reaction.
- Each year the exhibition attracts widespread media attention.
- The police report has attracted widespread media attention in Texas over the last couple of days.
- Possibly this explains why so many young people are attracted to these kinds of movements.
- People are attracted to the simplicity and intimacy; they know what to expect and are not disappointed.
- She is clearly not part of the system and people are attracted to her vulnerability.
- Someone may be attracted to you and express interest in furthering your relationship.
- And frankly, it makes me wonder why you were attracted to GD in the first place.
- He is attracted to Lena's beauty and charms.
- The strong force also attracts protons to protons or neutrons to neutrons.
- This is consistent with the fact that matter attracts matter through the gravitational force.
- The two ions of opposite charge attract each other and an ionic bond is formed.
Late Middle English: from Latin attract- 'drawn near', from the verb attrahere, from ad- 'to' + trahere 'draw'.
abstract from Middle English:
The Latin source of abstract, meant literally ‘drawn away’ and is from abstrahere, from the elements ab- ‘from’ and trahere ‘draw off’. The use in art dates from the mid 19th century. Trahere is found in many English words including: attract (Late Middle English) with ad ‘to’; portrait (mid 16th century), something drawn; protract (mid 16th century) with pro ‘out’; retract (Late Middle English) and retreat (Late Middle English) both drawing back; and words listed at train.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The heat island of Tokyo has been one of the leading attractors of crows migrating to the city.
- It has been lying quietly, exuding some form of almost chemical attractor for a few days.
- The stable points act as attractors, and correspondingly unstable points as repellers.
Palabras que riman con attractabreact, abstract, act, bract, compact, contract, counteract, diffract, enact, exact, extract, fact, humpbacked, impact, interact, matter-of-fact, pact, protract, redact, refract, retroact, subcontract, subtract, tact, tract, transact, unbacked, underact, untracked
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.