verbo (attrits, attritting, attritted)[with object] US • informal
- Wear down (an opponent or enemy) by sustained action: his defense was designed to attrit usMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Under some rare and fortunate circumstances, you can attrit the enemy without actually killing him.
- While the men have been working inside the city, other Marines have been relentlessly chasing and attriting the enemy outside the city.
- Until we achieve this level of coordination of effective fire and movement, the enemy will use their superior firepower to attrit us before we can close with and destroy them.
1950s: back-formation from attrition.
Más definiciones de attritDefinición de attrit en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional