- A function of telephonic equipment that allows for automatic dialing of preprogrammed or of randomly selected numbers: have a telephone with autodial by your bedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She pulled out her PA, flipped it open, and hit the autodial for the Fixit Shop.
- So he's had the brilliant idea of calling through the autodial numbers on the phone until he finds someone who knows her mobile number.
- He followed as he pressed the autodial for a cab company he used often.
verbo (autodials, autodialing, autodialed ; Britishautodials, autodialling, autodialled)Volver al principio
- Automatically dial a telephone number, with or without human prompting: [no object]: it had autodialed and been online for over 2hours [with object]: if the first number is busy the modem autodials the backup numberMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She flipped open her PA and looked up ‘Vermont’, then ‘government’, then ‘legal departments’, then ‘Attorney General’, then autodialed the number.
- When the companies announced their merger, the nation's media reporters autodialed the usual critics of media conglomeration.
- However, what it doesn't do is put a 1 in front of long distance numbers, so when you autodial the number all you get is a helpful phone company recording that says, ‘We're sorry, you must first dial a 1 when calling this number.’
Más definiciones de autodialDefinición de autodial en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional