Definición de avatar en inglés:
1chiefly Hinduism A manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.
- Worship of Vishnu and his various avatars especially Rama and Krishna in a profoundly devotional form is the basis of Vaishnavism.
- Rama, the hero of the epic Ramayana was another major avatar of Vishnu, incarnated in order to rid the world of the demon Ravana.
- But it is as Krishna, the eighth avatar, that Vishnu steals hearts and minds.
1.1An incarnation, embodiment, or manifestation of a person or idea: he chose John Stuart Mill as the avatar of the liberal view
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both contemporary satirists have really borrowed the idea from the high avatar of absurdism Samuel Beckett.
- He has many incarnations, his avatars are everywhere!
- In some circumstances, they weren't even alive during the period in which the real-life avatars of their plastic idols actually flourished.
2 Computing An icon or figure representing a particular person in computer games, Internet forums, etc.
- On a lighter note, that the ghetto has become a contended space can be finally demonstrated by a look at its virtual avatars in cyberspace.
- In terms of self-representation, the homepage is like a statue carved out of marble labelled carefully at the bottom where the weblog is like an avatar in cyberspace that we wear like a skin.
- Services and products being explored include avatar conferencing, avatars for computer games, avatar fashion websites, avatars for next-generation mobile communications and avatar e-mail.
from Sanskrit avatāra 'descent', from ava 'down' + tar- 'to cross'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia