- The bowl and foot of the elegant vase shown in Plate IX are formed of blown aventurine glass, which is exceedingly difficult to work.
- The highest price was reserved for the object realized in vetro a reticello or blown aventurine glass, both difficult to work.
- The Stanford museum has three vases executed in the smelze technique whereby existing bits of colored glass, often including aventurine, were melted together.
- Using materials native to New Zealand and semiprecious stones like aventurine, rose quartz and freshwater pearls, each of her pieces are totally original.
- Plutonites, also magmatic, form in conditions of extreme heat and pressure far deeper within the Earth; colourful translucent crystals such as aventurine, peridot and rose quartz are the result.
- For example, amethyst blends well with lavender, fire agate with sunflowers, citrine with chamomile, aventurine with mint, sunstone with marigolds or daisy, and so forth.
Early 18th century: from French, from Italian avventurino, from avventura 'chance' (because of its accidental discovery).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: a·ven·tu·rine
Definición de aventurine en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.