1The action of pulling or tearing away.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other etiologies of groin pain include sports hernia, groin disruption, iliopsoas bursitis, stress fractures, avulsion fractures, nerve compression and snapping hip syndrome.
- The athlete commonly presents to the physician with a chronic untreated profundus avulsion.
- Treatment using nail avulsion in combination with topical therapy has been somewhat more successful, but this approach can be time-consuming, temporarily disabling and painful.
1.1 Law The sudden separation of land from one property and its attachment to another, especially by flooding or a change in the course of a river. Compare with alluvion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Abandonment of a former course through avulsion and meander-loop cut-off produces many lakes.
- Avulsion in a coastal area, of course, simply destroys property and moves the boundary, as there is no opposite bank to gain.
- Ohio Revised Code (Law) states that land lost by erosion but regained by avulsion, reverts ownership back to the upland property owner.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For this reason, great pains are taken to ensure that the dry creek bed is properly prepared to receive the flow of the tributary now avulsing over the alluvial fan.
- At Westminster, he played rugby, and when a scrum collapsed, he avulsed a spinous process, very painful, but he was able to claim later that he had ‘broken his back.’
- The worst injury he had seen since he started at Heiwa had been a nearly avulsed finger that had been slammed in a closed door by a careless gentleman who had let the good news of his engagement get the better of him.
Early 17th century: from Latin avulsion-, from the verb avellere, from ab- 'from' + vallere 'pluck'.
Palabras que riman con avulsioncompulsion, convulsion, emulsion, expulsion, impulsion, propulsion, repulsion, revulsion
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: a·vul·sion
Definición de avulsion en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda