Definición de axon en inglés:
The long threadlike part of a nerve cell along which impulses are conducted from the cell body to other cells.
- In contrast to the innervation of the proximal esophagus, axons from vagal neurons synapse within ganglia of the myenteric plexus.
- The nerve fibres in the optic tract (the axons of retinal ganglion cells) terminate in two main areas of the brain.
- Neurites are the long projections of nerve cell bodies called axons and dendrites.
mid 19th century (denoting the body axis): from Greek axōn 'axis'.
- Example sentences
- It is also possible, however, that direct compression of axons may induce axonal damage independent of Schwann cell dysfunction.
- None of the cases had strongly beta-APP-immunoreactive beaded or swollen axonal segments indicative of axonal damage.
- The viral capsid is transported to the dorsal root ganglion in neurons via retrograde axonal flow.
Pronunciación: /ˈaksənl, akˈsänl/adjetivo
Definición de axon en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia