Definición de babel en inglés:
1A confused noise, typically that made by a number of voices: the babel of voices on the road
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Out of the babel of writers' voices offering their services, one dominated, that of Peter Nichols.
- With what a babel of discordant voices does it [medicine] celebrate its two thousand years of experience!
- With songs in Spanish, English, Mayan, and Zapotec, it reflects the babel of voices that is our ever-expanding border region.
1.1A scene of noisy confusion.
- Each of them a million cities, a babel of troubles, secrets, losses.
- Even though Europe is a babel, while the United States is all one nation, under God and indivisible, for some reason - at least as far as our male golfers and basketball heroes are concerned - we don't play very well together.
early 16th century: from Babel (see Tower of Babel), where, according to the biblical story in Gen. 11:4–9, God made the builders all speak different languages.