Definición de backbench en inglés:
(In the UK) the benches behind the front benches on either side of the House of Commons, occupied by members of parliament who do not hold office in the government or opposition: [as modifier]: backbench MPs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the system now works, most Canadians elect a backbench member of Parliament, not a cabinet minister.
- After standing down from the cabinet she remained a backbench MSP representing Paisley North.
- We meet him in his Opposition backbench office in Parliament House.
- Example sentences
- He was afraid of upsetting people who were criticising him,’ said one aggrieved backbencher.
- One Labour backbencher said: ‘It was a symbolic vote to mark our discomfort with the bill in principle.
- ‘This was a great opportunity to talk about social justice and how we're driving that through every area, making the link to growth,’ says one senior backbencher.
Definición de backbench en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan