- 1Personal belongings packed in suitcases for traveling; luggage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A sheet left inside suitcase luggage or travel baggage can prevent musty odors.
- The new powers, announced yesterday, include the authority to search personal baggage of travellers arriving from countries outside the European Union.
- She travels with her baggage allowance of 70 pounds.
- 1.1The portable equipment of an army.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Roman army baggage train contained all the features of subsequent logistic tails - food, ammunition, and specialist equipment.
- The retreating army and its baggage carried the plague home with them in autumn 1349.
- Gallus eventually got his army away in the night, but he left behind 6,000 dead and all of his artillery and baggage.
- 2Past experiences or long-held ideas regarded as burdens and impediments: the emotional baggage I’m hauling around the party jettisoned its traditional ideological baggageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If you want to drop a load of emotional baggage and experience some psychic weight loss, Gemini time makes it easy to lighten up.
- And that could be said for everybody except Paddy, who carries the least burdensome emotional baggage.
- Exonerating can help free family members up from unnecessary burdens of past baggage.
late Middle English: from Old French bagage (from baguer 'tie up'), or bagues 'bundles'; perhaps related to bag.