- 1 (one's bailiwick) One’s sphere of operations or particular area of interest: you never give the presentations—that’s my bailiwickMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, it doesn't really monkey with the states' authority after all; it only makes sure they stay in their traditional bailiwick.
- Here her analysis is most surefooted as she discusses late eighteenth and early nineteenth-century fiction, Benedict's professional bailiwick.
- And it has done so even in areas where the crime at issue seems to be a crime that falls squarely into the state's bailiwick - and does not affect federal interests at all.
- 2 Law The district or jurisdiction of a bailie or bailiff.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Will decentralization really bring politics closer to the people, or will we be returning to a bunch of little bailiwicks?
- With very few exceptions, they easily agreed that what was going on in their bailiwicks was incomparable and required a different approach.
- Their organization was strictly hierarchical, into priorates, then bailiwicks and lastly commanderies.
Más definiciones de bailiwickDefinición de bailiwick en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional