Definición de bailiwick en inglés:
1 (one's bailiwick) One’s sphere of operations or particular area of interest: you never give the presentations—that’s my bailiwick
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, it doesn't really monkey with the states' authority after all; it only makes sure they stay in their traditional bailiwick.
- Here her analysis is most surefooted as she discusses late eighteenth and early nineteenth-century fiction, Benedict's professional bailiwick.
- And it has done so even in areas where the crime at issue seems to be a crime that falls squarely into the state's bailiwick - and does not affect federal interests at all.
2 Law The district or jurisdiction of a bailie or bailiff.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Will decentralization really bring politics closer to the people, or will we be returning to a bunch of little bailiwicks?
- With very few exceptions, they easily agreed that what was going on in their bailiwicks was incomparable and required a different approach.
- Their organization was strictly hierarchical, into priorates, then bailiwicks and lastly commanderies.
Palabras que riman con bailiwickSedgwick • Prestwick
Definición de bailiwick en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda