Definición de bailiwick en inglés:
1 (one's bailiwick) One’s sphere of operations or particular area of interest: you never give the presentations—that’s my bailiwick
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, it doesn't really monkey with the states' authority after all; it only makes sure they stay in their traditional bailiwick.
- Here her analysis is most surefooted as she discusses late eighteenth and early nineteenth-century fiction, Benedict's professional bailiwick.
- And it has done so even in areas where the crime at issue seems to be a crime that falls squarely into the state's bailiwick - and does not affect federal interests at all.
2 Law The district or jurisdiction of a bailie or bailiff.
- Will decentralization really bring politics closer to the people, or will we be returning to a bunch of little bailiwicks?
- With very few exceptions, they easily agreed that what was going on in their bailiwicks was incomparable and required a different approach.
- Their organization was strictly hierarchical, into priorates, then bailiwicks and lastly commanderies.
Words that rhyme with bailiwickSedgwick • Prestwick
Definición de bailiwick en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan