adjetivo (balmier, balmiest)
- 1(Of the weather) pleasantly warm: the balmy days of late summerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The weather was balmy with a pleasant temperature.
- Nevertheless, it was a delightful town, and on this particular day the weather was warm and balmy.
- Everything was tossed into further bloom and the weather was warm and balmy every day.
- 2North American or • dated Extremely foolish; eccentric: this is a balmy decisionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Both have palmy trees and sunny places in the south; both have balmy people and shady characters in the north.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its wealth was not built on Sunbelt balminess, agricultural bounty or manufacturing muscle.
- Over the years, one comes to measure a place, too, not just for the beauty it may give, the balminess of its breezes, the insouciance and relaxation it encourages, the sublime pleasures it offers, but for what it teaches.
- Entrées, though less spirited, offer the balminess that suffuses a seaside vacation.