Definición de bandwidth en inglés:
1The range of frequencies within a given band, in particular that used for transmitting a signal.
- Since kinetic energy increases with increasing frequency, the bandwidth of the low-frequency regime is limited.
- Once the installation vibrations have been mitigated, low-cost gyros need to have bandwidths in the range of 50-70 Hz for adequate processing of high-frequency components of flight angular motion.
- Monetarists believe that money supply should be kept within an acceptable bandwidth so that levels of inflation can be controlled.
1.1The transmission capacity of a computer network or other telecommunication system.
- In a period of two weeks we measured the bandwidth of 54,845 peers downloading over a hundred newly injected files.
- As the sheer amount of bandwidth running across public networks increases, so do power requirements.
- It is also the amount of cache memory rather than the memory bandwidth that determines the speed of the system in popular games.
2The energy or mental capacity required to deal with a situation: he lives alone, and says he doesn’t have the bandwidth to handle a steady relationship
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You really don't use all the mental bandwidth you have when you're playing these games.
- I'm being careful about who I'm handing my résumé to. I don't have the bandwidth to meet with everyone.
- Clients who want to know whether the firm has the time or the ability to handle a project ask if we have the bandwidth'.
Definición de bandwidth en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan