- 1An officer or owner of a bank or group of banks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They do it to bulge the bank accounts of bankers, company managers, and investors all over the world.
- The article discusses six Barclays bankers who managed to spend £44,000 on one meal.
- We have been acting as bankers and managers to public issues.
- 1.1The person running the table, controlling play, or acting as dealer in some gambling or board games.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When you bet, you place the money on the table and the banker detaches an equal amount from the bank to match your bet.
- In Pai Gow Poker, do you ever recommend being the banker?
- To win at Pai Gow poker, you have to beat both of the banker's hands with both of your hands.
mid 16th century: from French banquier, from banque (see bank2).
Entrada del diccionario de Inglés Británico & Universal