- A notice read out on three successive Sundays in a parish church, announcing an intended marriage and giving the opportunity for objections.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Christ Church in Skipton read out the banns of marriage and no less than 12 couples were contemplating getting wed.
- This notice or banns must be read thrice in the church at intervals of at least one week.
- Print up invitations to a marriage, publish banns at a friendly church, have one or more brides or grooms and even eat wedding cake.
Middle English: plural of ban1.
Más definiciones de bannsDefinición de banns en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional