- 1Having a barb or barbs: barbed arrowsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Their half-hearted shower of arrows thickened and turned the air black with sharp, barbed, and vile arrows.
- My words seemed to fasten like barbed arrows in the souls of men.
- Arrows and barbed harpoons were placed near the right leg; milling stones, awls, chisels, knives, and other offerings were set to the left of the body.
- 1.1(Of a remark or joke) deliberately hurtful: a fair degree of barbed witMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is tempting to think kindly of him and to believe that underneath the sarcasm, the dry wit, the barbed comment, there's a rather nice man struggling to get out.
- Every barbed remark directed at a non-conformist is also an affirmation of his/her existence.
- The dangers for Stephen, however, arc the barbed remarks of the scholars, presently engaged in a discussion of Goethe's novel, Wilhelm Meister.