(also barber pole)
- A pole painted with spiraling red and white stripes and hung outside barbershops as a business sign.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Barbers and surgeons went their separate ways in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, but the red stripe down the barber's pole still commemorates this annual blood-letting ritual.
- These attractive and memorable signs are, apart from the barber's pole, the only ancient shop signs to have survived into our transient age of plastic.
- To prove it, she will soon erect the crowning glory to her Stanway cut and style shop for men - a barber's pole outside.
Más definiciones de barber's poleDefinición de barber's pole en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional