1chiefly North American A shop where a barber works.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Beauty salons and barbershops entice potential customers with colorful portraits of well-coifed heads that look more like art pieces than hairstyles.
- Sell your music at flea markets, barbershops, beauty salons, birthday parties, car washes, and any place you think people will buy it.
- These intervention programs make use of lay leadership in churches, schools, beauty salons, barbershops, tattoo and body piercing salons, and laundromats.
1.1 [often as modifier] A popular style of close harmony singing, typically for four male voices: a barbershop quartet
From the custom in the 16th and 17th centuries of passing time in a barbershop by harmonizing to a lute or guitar provided to entertain customers waiting their turn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hip-hop's barbershop quartet, Jurassic Five, returns with Power in Numbers two years after their decent full-length debut, Quality Control.
- For almost a century, ‘Down in Jungle Town’ has been a favorite with barbershop quartets because it permits close harmony at a rapid tempo.
- His harmony parts for the ‘Gentlemen of the Ensemble’ frame the 1906 tune in perfect barbershop style.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: bar·ber·shop
Definición de barbershop en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda