Definición de bark beetle en inglés:
A small wood-boring beetle that tunnels under the bark of trees, which die if heavily infested.
- Family Scolytidae: many genera and species, including the smaller European elm bark beetle (Scolytus multistriatus), which is responsible for the spread of the fungus that causes Dutch elm disease
- The species have decimated pine tree populations in India and are similar to the bark beetle that has ravaged forests in the western United States.
- I can imagine an intelligent bark beetle pondering why it is that the oak tree on which it has deposited its eggs is so well suited to their growth.
- After several years of drought, which may be related to global warming, pine trees have become vulnerable to the bark beetle.
Definición de bark beetle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan