(also BASE jump)
Definición de base jump en inglés:
A parachute jump from a fixed point, typically a high building or promontory, rather than an aircraft.
- I've done more than 1,000 BASE jumps and 2,000 skydives now and every time I walk up to the edge of whatever the object is, I'm nervous.
- He is a former sky surfing champion and a member of the first team to incorporate acrobatic stunts in a BASE jump.
- He has completed 2,000 skydives and 1,400 BASE jumps.
verbo[no object] (often as noun base jumping) Volver al principio
Perform a base jump.
- ‘You know, Lynnie, we could base-jump from this ledge,’ he said.
- I would rather base jump off a two-story building than relive a single moment of high school.
- Once a year, on the third Saturday in October("Bridge Day"), permission to BASE jump has explicitly been granted at the New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville, West Virginia.
1980s: base from building, antenna tower, span, earth (denoting the types of structure used).
base jumper sustantivo
- Example sentences
- Base is an acronym for Bridge, Antenna, Span and Earth - ie, the objects base jumpers launch themselves off.
- Today, it is the outdoor activity capital of southern Utah, and mountains around it echo with whooping base jumpers, spluttering river rafters and the squeal of tortured mountain bikes.
- Last week John, 29, one of the Scots base jumpers, dismissed suggestions that they were endangering the public and said more jumps were planned in the coming months.
Definición de base jump en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan