Definición de batfish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or batfishes)
1A fish of tropical and temperate seas with a flattened body that is round or almost triangular when viewed from above. It typically has a hard or spiny covering.
- Family Ogcocephalidae: several genera and species, including the southern African Halieuta fitzsimonsi
- We saw crabs, eels, batfish, unicornfish, pufferfish, boxfish, lionfish, squirrelfish, racoonfish, butterflyfish, parrotfish and angelfish, to name just a few.
- It is a relative easy, shallow dive with a maximum depth of about 45 ft, with nice hard coral formation and friendly batfish and moray eels.
- The legs (they're pectoral fins, really) allow batfish to crawl about the seafloor.
2A deep-bodied, laterally compressed marine fish of the Indo-Pacific region that resembles an angelfish.
- Genus Platax, family Ephippidae: several species, including the large P. pinnatus (also called angelfish)
- These include the flashlight fish in the Indo-Pacific, the rosy-lipped batfish of the Galapagos and Cocos islands, and unbelievably vividly coloured Spanish dancers.
- Unfortunately the visibility is a milky 5m, though this doesn't detract from the huge shoals of snapper and the angelfish, batfish and giant grouper that call this oasis home.
- Soft corals sway with the current, while schools of striped and spotted groupers, angelfish, batfish and lionfish dart between them.
Definición de batfish en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan