- A heavy warship of a type built chiefly in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with extensive armor and large-caliber guns.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Wind has disrupted the advance of great warships like battleships and aircraft carriers.
- The Navy had arrived with impressive looking warships and battleships, armed to the teeth with many a cannon and gun.
- This is a legacy of the Second World War, in which the aircraft carrier replaced the battleship as the capital ship of fleets.
late 18th century: shortening of line-of-battle ship, originally with reference to the largest wooden warships.
Más definiciones de battleshipDefinición de battleship en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional