- A defended position on a beach taken from the enemy by landing forces, from which an attack can be launched.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A typical example of dropping or landing troops next to the target involves the seizing of a beachhead for subsequent amphibious landing.
- On the eastern flank of the Sword beachhead, Lieutenant Colonel Otway's paratroopers are dug in outside Amfreville which is heavily defended.
- First there was the need to keep supplied the troops who carried out the initial landings and established the beachhead.
World War II (originally US): formed on the pattern of bridgehead.
Más definiciones de beachheadDefinición de beachhead en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional