Definición de beacon en inglés:
1A fire or light set up in a high or prominent position as a warning, signal, or celebration: a chain of beacons carried the news figurative the prospect of a new government was a beacon of hope for millions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But amid the feelings of frustration, one piece of positive news shone out like a beacon of hope.
- When I saw the sign of The Dolmen Hotel all lit up it was like a beacon of hope to me.
- That said, Jerome Vareille stood out like a beacon of hope, creating or being on the end of the best of the few chances.
1.2A light or other visible object serving as a signal, warning, or guide, especially at sea or on an airfield.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rotating beacons on airfields made their debut in the early 1920s.
- What is the significance, if any, of the color and location of lights / beacons on airliners or any aircraft?
- From the late 1970s, constellations of man-made navigation satellites have taken over as beacons to guide the way.
1.3A radio transmitter whose signal helps to fix the position of a ship, aircraft, or spacecraft.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Similar technology is used to track down lost aircraft and yachts through their radio beacons.
- The news of Corvette 03's shoot down arrived in the JRCC at a busy time; it was a hectic night with numerous reports of aircraft down and emergency beacons being detected.
- Ships, yachts and aircraft carry emergency beacons which are activated when they come into contact with water, sending a signal on a reserved frequency that identifies the vessel and its approximate location.
Old English bēacn 'sign, portent, ensign'; related to beckon.
Palabras que riman con beaconarchdeacon, Costa Rican, deacon, Dominican, Mohican, Mozambican, Puerto Rican, weaken
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán