sustantivo (plural bearberries)
A creeping dwarf shrub of the heath family, with pinkish flowers and bright red berries.
- Genus Arctostaphylos, family Ericaceae: several species, in particular A. uva-ursi, found especially in circumpolar regions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All of the 62 types of flowers, plants and shrubs used in the work, such as ling heather, bearberry, foxglove and gorse, come from County Mayo, which was hit particularly hard by the Famine.
- Other species include trailing arbutus, bearberry, wintergreen, inkberry, sweet fern, flowering pixie moss, and cowwheat.
- Actually I tucked a few bearberry plants among them as a salve to his feelings, and that spread almost as satisfyingly as the woodruff.
Más definiciones de bearberryDefinición de bearberry en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional