(also bear grass)
Definición de beargrass en inglés:
A North American plant with long, coarse, grasslike leaves, in particular.
- ● A wild yucca (genus Yucca, family Agavaceae). ● A cultivated ornamental plant, the leaves of which were formerly used by American Indians to make watertight baskets (Xerophyllum tenax, family Liliaceae). Also called elk grass
- On the floor of an ancient volcanic crater hidden deep within Washington's Gifford Pinchot National Forest, blue lupines and yellow mountain daisies poke through an open meadow padded with beargrass and moss.
- A short walk on the 1 1/2-mile (one way) Hidden Lake Nature Trail will lead you past a subalpine meadow dotted with beargrass, to an overlook, and perhaps to a glimpse of mountain goats.
- We tied napkins with beargrass and embellished them with lily pad-like Shortia, commonly sold as galax leaves.
Definición de beargrass en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan