Definición de beech en inglés:
sustantivo(also beech tree)
- Genera Fagus (of the north temperate zone) and Notofagus (the southern beeches, of Australasia and South America), family Fagaceae: many species, especially the common American beech (F. grandifolia) and the European beech (F. sylvatica)
- Suppose you are like me and cannot tell an elm tree from a beech tree.
- Nestled amid those trails and orange red maples, oaks, beeches and birches was the Lost River.
- Oaks, sycamores and beeches dotted well-tended lawns bordered by tarmacked paths and signposted at every junction.
book from Old English:
The forerunners of the modern book would have been scrolls of papyrus or parchment, or engraved tablets—the first example of what we might recognize as a book came in Roman times. The word book goes back to Old English and has related forms in most of the other northern European languages of the time. Their ancestor was probably a word related to beech (Old English), which would have been a wood that people used for engraving inscriptions. A bookmaker is someone who ‘makes a book’. Bookmakers keep a record of bets made with different people, which was originally done in a memorandum book.
Palabras que riman con beechbeach, beseech, bleach, breach, breech, each, impeach, leach, leech, outreach, peach, pleach, preach, reach, screech, speech, teach
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.