- The small triangular brown fruit of the beech tree, pairs of which are enclosed in a prickly case. See beechmast.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even maple and ash seeds, with their helicopter-like samaras, may float only a few dozen yards on the wind, while larger seeds, such as acorns, beechnuts, and hickory nuts, drop like stones.
- Omnivorous, mainly vegetarians in the winter, jays eat many kinds of nuts and seeds, including acorns, beechnuts, grain, berries, and small fruit.
- Although their diet includes some acorns and beechnuts in the fall, pileated woodpeckers eat mostly ants, flying insects, grubs, and some seeds and fruits.
Más definiciones de beechnutDefinición de beechnut en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional