Definición de beet en inglés:
1A herbaceous plant widely cultivated as a source of food for humans and livestock, and for processing into sugar. Some varieties are grown for their leaves and some for their large nutritious root.
- Beta vulgaris, family Chenopodiaceae: several subspecies
- In agriculture the main products are meat and dairy, potatoes, sugar beets, barley, wheat, and turnips.
- It also contained two to three times the sugar content of sugar cane or sugar beets - think sugared cereal for cows.
- The main crops are wheat, corn, sugar beets, sunflower seeds, and wine grapes.
2.1The variety of beet that produces a dark red edible root, eaten as a vegetable.
- Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris
- After planting the beetroot, the children were shown how to create their own pot plants out of newspaper.
- I've also planted a few beetroot seeds and I'm planning on doing a few more tomorrow and on starting the carrots.
- I also dug up a few of the beetroot plants, but they haven't formed roots yet.
Definición de beet en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary