A popular dance of West Indian origin, similar to the foxtrot.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Spike wrote: ‘We present a very colourful act in rhumba costume and our numbers comprise sambas, beguines, rhumbas etc.’
- She refused to begin the beguine when they besought her to
- Like many Latin dances, the beguine emphasizes the ability to roll the hips while stepping, evoking sensuality.
1930s: from West Indian French, from French béguin 'infatuation'.
Palabras que riman con beguineAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
(In the Roman Catholic Church) a member of a lay sisterhood in the Low Countries, not bound by vows.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mechthild of Magdeburg was a member of a Beguine community.
- In a fascinating appendix he profiles some Beguine women who had associations with the Spirituals, and throughout the text he warns against a tendency to see every upholder of evangelical poverty as either a heretic or even a Spiritual.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda