1Hostile and aggressive: a bull-necked, belligerent old man
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And I think we do need to hear what they are saying because they act as a restraint to an aggressive or belligerent response’.
- He's a good footballer but he's not very aggressive, not very belligerent and I'd like to think that with 20-odd caps he'd be a bit more aggressive than he is.
- In arguments they are emotionally very aggressive - belligerent, contemptuous, insulting.
hostile, aggressive, threatening, antagonistic, warlike, warmongering, hawkish, pugnacious, bellicose, truculent, confrontational, contentious, militant, combative
informal spoiling for a fight, trigger-happy, scrappy
1.1Engaged in a war or conflict, as recognized by international law.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is based upon the customary international laws of belligerent occupation, including the Hague Regulations.
- It is widely recognized that access by belligerent groups to the gains from drug production and trafficking contributes to the intensity and prolongation of military conflict.
- Take also the case of lawful belligerent reprisals (for example, the use of prohibited weapons).
warring, at war, combatant, fighting, battling
A nation or person engaged in war or conflict, as recognized by international law.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Moreover, as against states not parties to an international armed conflict, belligerents enjoy no special privileges and remain bound by general rules of international law.
- In rejecting this challenge, the Court drew the distinction between the common law notion of lawful and unlawful belligerents.
- The customary laws of war, when adapted for conflict with unlawful belligerents, must always incorporate rules of humanitarian restraint.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Don't even think about asking,’ he cautioned belligerently.
- But she later changed tack, reverting to a belligerently confrontational stance.
- ‘I never started explaining,’ Penelope pointed out belligerently.
Late 16th century: from Latin belligerant- 'waging war', from the verb belligerare, from bellum 'war'.
Palabras que riman con belligerentrefrigerant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda