Definición de benign en inglés:
1Gentle; kindly: her face was calm and benign his benign but firm manner
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What makes an otherwise gentle and benign guy like him speak so callously and cruelly of 950 deaths?
- Visually, the show is a treat, and the tone is mostly benign and gentle.
- She was so gentle and benign, but worked so cleverly with people.
1.1(Of a climate or environment) mild and favorable.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Jersey's benign climate and free-draining sandy soil provide the ideal environment for over 80 species of lavender.
- We often work in a benign weather environment, but we always should be prepared to handle weather contingencies.
- The opposite is true for most Australian wine production, where a benign climate and massive hydroponic systems deliver grapes that are almost identical from one year to the next.
2 Medicine (Of a disease) not harmful in effect: in particular, (of a tumor) not malignant.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In actual fact, for the vast majority of cases, the childhood infectious diseases are benign and self-limiting.
- Her past medical history was significant only for an abdominal hysterectomy performed more than 10 years earlier for benign disease.
- Levels exceeding 10 ng per mL are rarely due to benign disease.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The city bristles with billboards, the Chief Minister's face looking down benignly on commuters, urging them to pay their electricity bills on time and online.
- Then the colonial governments had the idea, benignly intended, of protecting the peasant growers from the fluctuations of the marketplace.
- The team looked on benignly because, at that stage, they were level and the game was turning their way.
Palabras que riman con benignalign, assign, brine, chine, cline, combine, condign, confine, consign, dine, divine, dyne, enshrine, entwine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, Main, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, twine, Tyne, underline, undermine, vine, whine, wine
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda