- A compound that is the major carcinogen present in cigarette smoke. It also occurs in coal tar.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon; chemical formula: C20H12
- Wood fires can also release benzopyrene, a carcinogen that can irritate your eyes, nose, throat, and lungs.
- Researchers estimated that every day the average infant under the age of two in urban America ingested 110 nanograms of benzopyrene, equivalent to smoking three cigarettes a day.
- NER is the main mechanism used to remove pyrimidine dimers induced by UV cross-linking or chemical damage such as those caused by benzopyrene, aflatoxin, and cisplatin.
Más definiciones de benzopyreneDefinición de benzopyrene en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional