Definición de besotted en inglés:
1Strongly infatuated: he became besotted with his best friend’s sister
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ever since her childhood in York - she was an only child - she has been besotted with the uses of enchantment in fairy stories.
- Some of these servants of football are so besotted with the game that they devote more time to attending dull local committees.
- I am sure all three of you were besotted with quiz programmes and the ambition to be successful on a major television show.
infatuated with, smitten with, in love with, head over heels in love with, obsessed with;
doting on, greatly enamored of
informal swept off one's feet by, crazy about, mad about, wild about, carrying a torch for, gaga about/for/over, stuck on, gone on
2 archaic Intoxicated; drunk.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After some time, the brigands landed at an island, where they became besotted with drink, and fell asleep.
- The Alliance, now numbering 472 members, has been active in the furtherance of the objects of its formation, and has done much toward ridding the town of saloons and in stimulating many who had become besotted with drink to become sober and temperate men.
- He was so besotted with drink and drugs that his human qualities, if he ever possessed any, were completely in abeyance.
Palabras que riman con besottedcarotid, unspotted
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda