Definición de bicameral en inglés:
(Of a legislative body) having two branches or chambers.
- We need a single legislative council, a bicameral European Parliament, with one house representing member states, and the other the European electorate.
- The legislative branch consists of a bicameral parliament with a Chamber of Counselors and a Chamber of Representatives.
- Jamaica, a member of the British Commonwealth, has a bicameral parliamentary legislative system.
- Example sentences
- Of course, a main reason for bicameralism is that an upper house is supposed to check the lower house should ‘passion’ overtake the lower house and result in ill-conceived legislation.
- Repeal of the amendment would restore both federalism and bicameralism.
- Others, however, pertain to the structure of the government itself, and may not, in the first instance, have anything to do with individual rights at all, as, for example, a traditional adherence to bicameralism.
Words that rhyme with bicameralunicameral
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan