(Of a legislative body) having two branches or chambers.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We need a single legislative council, a bicameral European Parliament, with one house representing member states, and the other the European electorate.
- The legislative branch consists of a bicameral parliament with a Chamber of Counselors and a Chamber of Representatives.
- Jamaica, a member of the British Commonwealth, has a bicameral parliamentary legislative system.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course, a main reason for bicameralism is that an upper house is supposed to check the lower house should ‘passion’ overtake the lower house and result in ill-conceived legislation.
- Repeal of the amendment would restore both federalism and bicameralism.
- Others, however, pertain to the structure of the government itself, and may not, in the first instance, have anything to do with individual rights at all, as, for example, a traditional adherence to bicameralism.
Palabras que riman con bicameralunicameral
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: bi·cam·er·al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda