Definición de biceps en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or bicepses-ˌsepsiz-sɛpsēz)
1A muscle having two points of attachment at one end, in particular.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The articular surfaces and biceps tendon attachment were found to be normal.
- Once thawed, the proximal two-thirds of the radii were harvested along with their distal biceps tendon attachments.
- An instance of the origin of the long tendon of the biceps from the tendon of pectoralis major is described by Koster.
1.1 (also biceps brachiiˈbrākēˌī-kēˌēˈbrak-) The large muscle in the upper arm that turns the hand to face palm uppermost and flexes the arm and forearm: he clenched his fist and exhibited his bulging biceps
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Major flexors include the biceps brachii (which also supinates the forearm when the elbow is flexed), brachioradialis and brachialis muscles.
- There are thirty-two segments devoted to a particular muscle, such as temporalis, masseter, sternocleidomastoid, biceps brachii and so on.
- The tendinitis signs and symptoms can be of the rotator cuff or of the long head of the biceps brachii muscles, or both.
1.2 (also biceps femorisˈfeməris) Anatomy The muscle in the back of the thigh that helps to flex the leg.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most muscle strains occur in the lower extremities with the rectus femoris and biceps femoris muscle being most commonly affected; they are followed by the semitendinosus, adductors, vastus medialis and soleus.
- The biceps femoris muscle has been documented as the most commonly injured hamstring muscle, and this study verifies this finding.
- The biceps femoris muscle was involved in 81% of all injuries and was the sole or predominant muscle injured in 72% of injuries.
- bicep curlsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Coming off the treadmill and doing your lunges or squats, bicep or tricep curls would be your active recovery.
- A couple of plastic water bottles can act as dumbbells for a few bicep curls.
- If you were going to do a basic bicep curl with 5 pounds, your body would engage a certain number and type of muscle fibers.
Mid 17th century: from Latin, literally 'two-headed', from bi- 'two' + -ceps (from caput 'head').
Palabras que riman con bicepstriceps
Definición de biceps en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda