- 1A chronic disease, endemic in parts of Africa and South America, caused by infestation with blood flukes (schistosomes). Also called bilharziasis or schistosomiasis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The main effects of hunger are apathy and disease - bilharzia, cholera, tuberculosis, HIV-Aids.
- A family history of the disease, or chronic infection with the tropical diseases bilharzia also increase the risk of bladder cancer.
- Some of the most common diseases are malaria, bilharzia, sexually transmitted diseases, tetanus, cholera, polio, and typhoid.
- 1.1The fluke (schistosome) itself.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bilharzia is transmitted by bathing in water infected with bilharzia larvae.
- Bilharzia Fluke and other soil- transmitted worms have affected two million Zambians, the southern African country's health minister said here Monday.
- It seems that the bilharzia fluke hasn't changed much over the centuries, and looking at the older specimens can be of help in fighting the disease/infestation.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, former name of the genus Schistosoma, named after T. Bilharz (1825–62), the German physician who discovered the parasite.
Más definiciones de bilharziaDefinición de bilharzia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional