Definición de bioclimatology en inglés:
The study of climate in relation to living organisms and especially to human health.
- It includes courses in plant, animal, and soil ecology; wetland ecology; freshwater ecology; and bioclimatology.
- In the context of current international scientific interest in the study of ‘Global Change,’ these innovations in satellite bioclimatology are timely.
- On 1 January 1956 an international society for the study of bioclimatology was established on the initiative of S.W. Tromp (Netherlands).
- Example sentences
- The recommendations dealt with plans of spatial development of health resorts and the proper use of their bioclimatological advantages.
- This work is ongoing, and future research will focus on changes in plant functional groups in forests as a consequence of invasion and other global bioclimatological changes.
- For instance, the bioclimatological view held that rainforests would exist in high rainfall tropical areas with short or nonexistent dry seasons where soil's physical properties ensure high levels of available soil moisture throughout the year.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan